Broadband Modem wont connect

Bagpipes 07:14 20 Nov 05

My friend has a broadband modem from Wanadoo but after installing it will not recognise the dial-up connection. It does connect using the old PSTN modem but not with the ASDL modem. The modem recognises the connection at my house but I do not have a broadband connection to my house so cant check it here. The line to the house has been confirmed as being OK and I have connected to my ISP using dial-up on the PSTN. His phone works fine but the Broadband modem just says there is no dial tone. He has Windows 98 on an old-ish Tiny computer. Any ideas any one, mine is that it might be a poor line within the house?

Sharpamatt 08:12 20 Nov 05

First thing to check are the BT connections to first ensure that broadband is activated. no extension leads are being used and that all outlets have a converter fitted and the rem has not been exceded.

second is has this system been set up for this, its presumed he is useing USB has this been enabled,( not always a common setting on win 98 as many did not have USB from new ) have all the drivers been installed and has the broadband been set as default connection.

Wanadoo normally provide a good set of easy to follow instructions and troubleshooting guide.

The normal dial up will not be effected as its a seperate Modem

It could also be a faulty Modem but I would recheck actavation of line and that the system settings are correct

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…