Broadband modem not seen

emmos 21:32 08 Jun 04

I am using a voyager 2000 broadband modem plugged into my pc and also wireless to a laptop which is working correctly,the pc keeps coming up with the message unable to detect modem then disconnects me , the only way I can get it back is to switch off the pc and leave it off for a while, it will then work ok until I close the web page down then it will close down again- any ideas out there. Dave

smudge101 23:19 08 Jun 04

I think we could do with a few more details, such as operating system, isp and whether your connection is ADSL or cable. Does your modem connect through a usb port? Can you connect to the internet sometimes and if so how is the connection speed?

emmos 08:07 09 Jun 04

win xp, bt broadband,ethernet from modem,I can connect but as soon as I close down the web page the message cannot detect modem appears and I have to switch off for a while then it goes through the whole cycle again, speed is ok when I can get online, it happened occasionally but now its every time I connect. Dave

Graham ® 10:01 09 Jun 04

This could be a power issue. The modem should be on a USB hub on its own, ie. nothing in the second port. Check USB hubs in Device Manager for Power.

rober32 10:49 09 Jun 04

The "Cannot detect the BT Voyager ADSL Modem. Search it again” error is caused by a software/application issue on your PC. Usually Norton and its updates. To fix this, completely remove the connection wizard by going to start/programs/Bt Voyager/uninstall Bt Voyager 2000 wireless. You do not need this software installed in order for the wireless adapter to work.

rober32 11:08 09 Jun 04

Should have also said that a Firmware upgrade is avilable to download from click here
The newer firmware does away with the need for a connection wizard completely.

emmos 18:03 09 Jun 04

if I disable norton av will I be able to stop online long enough to download the firmware required.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…