Broadband and modem

Terrier 10:26 23 Jun 04

I want to change to broadband,but I am totally deaf and it is essential that I can use my ordinary modem for data use via Typetalk or any minicom number.

Is there anyone who has had this problem and can advise if they experienced any difficulty between the two modems.

AndySD 11:57 23 Jun 04

I personally have no experiance with this but I cannot see it causing a problem. (Although you dont state your operating system) It may be best to talk to the ISP who will supply the broadband and modem and see if they will suply a modem with a network connector rather than USB.

stlucia 12:54 23 Jun 04

You can still retain and use your dial-up modem when you get BB, if that's what you were asking.

The filter you get with the BB kit will plug into your phone socket and will have two sockets out -- one for the BB modem and the other for any other dial-up phone equipment, including faxes, modems, and the phone itself. (You'll need more than one filter if you've got more than one phone socket.)

spuds 13:12 23 Jun 04

No problem at all. Use the broadband modem for the general faster speed internet, then use your standard dial-up modem for all the other necessary communications.It will mean though, that you will pay for two services, but I would put this question to your Internet Service Provider, as they may have a solution available.

Dipso 22:05 23 Jun 04

You can of course just PayAsYouGo with any ISP for the dial up connection if you are not likely to use it enough to warrant paying for an unmetered connection. Some BB ISP's also offer a backup dial up connection at local call rates.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…