broadband log on slow

raggy 2 21:45 03 Apr 08

hi any advice more than welcome
i have a problem that when i click on my wanadoo short cut to get on the net, it starts but freezes for about 5-6mins and then everything is perfect i am on the internet and all ok except if i try to open another tab on the IE and the same thing happens, but after the 5-6 mins or so all ok. it only started about a week ago, im on broadband and the signal strengths says it is excellent and my son has no issues on his PS3 and yes we have tried to start up IE without the PS3 on and still the same problem???
any ideas please

Technotiger 21:50 03 Apr 08

If using XP, try a System Restore back to before this started.

birdface 21:53 03 Apr 08

Try.Control Panel.Internet connections.right click local area connection and press repair.See if any problems come up.

raggy 2 22:02 03 Apr 08

buteman i tried that and it didnt work thanks anyway
Technotiger will give the restore a try and then get back to you, thanks

birdface 22:13 03 Apr 08

Did you get it right.As I Boobed it should have been network connection and not internet connection.I suppose it could be a Firewall problem.Or try switching your add-ons off and see if it works ok.If it works Ok switch your add-ons back on one at a time till you find the culprit.

raggy 2 10:21 04 Apr 08

hi guys just to let you know i done the restore point and all good so far.
Buteman no probs but just a quick question where are the ADD-ONS and how do i turn them off anyway??

birdface 10:28 04 Apr 08

If using IE7 .Tools. Manage add-ons.Enable or Disable add-ons.I dont think you get it on IE6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5