broadband On Laptop (not workin)

chrisinireland 17:18 06 Mar 04

Today i have just bought a fairly newish laptop off my friend. just there now i have tried to install NTL broadband (1MB) onto it. the process seems to go all right until it is aquiring me a new ip address and it say "failed you have one network adapter set to DCPH" or sumthing like that. n e 1 have n e ideas how to get the broadband working on it.

O/S is Win 98
700mhz intel Processor
64Mb Of ram

Thanks

johnnyrocker 17:23 06 Mar 04

i may be wrong but i suspect that your spec is too low for it to run, i stand to be corrected by others more wiser though.

johnny.

chrisinireland 17:25 06 Mar 04

when i go to install it it says "you have passed the minimum requirements for the installation"

VoG II 17:29 06 Mar 04

Have you registered the MAC address of the laptop with NTL? I'm not sure if NTL needs this; Blueyonder does.

chrisinireland 17:30 06 Mar 04

No NTL just stick in the disc and it installs but the laptop wont aquire the ip adress.

VoG II 18:03 06 Mar 04

click here may help you.

VoG II 18:08 06 Mar 04

And click here especially.

chrisinireland 19:59 06 Mar 04

Thanks VOG i followed your link and i found out that the modem had to be powered off and then on again to register the dcp address of the laptop. its workin now perfect im sending this post from it
thanks Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…