Broadband Internet Speeds

MLewis 15:36 10 Jun 03

I have had BT Broadband for nearly a year and all has been fine, I have just installed winMX on my pc to download files and have found that my downloads still take a fair time to do compared to someone taking files from my pc. I have checked my bandwidth and was amazed to discover that it's only betweeb 160 - 169kps. Is there anything i can do to get this anywhere near the 512kps i'm paying for?

hugh-265156 17:10 10 Jun 03

check your speed click here

uninstall winmx would be my suggestion.will slow down everything else.

snoresloudly 17:32 10 Jun 03

From the comments you made about someone taking fiiles from your pc I gather that you are using a p2p programme of some sort. If this is the case then the download speed that get while depend on the bandwidth of the person that you are taking the file from, i.e you are downloading a file from someone in outer hebrides who has got a 56k connection, therefore the max d/load spead you will get be slow, however if the person uploading from you has also got b/brand then his d/load will be around the 53 mark.

If you see what I mean!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…