Broadband internet

sean-278262 01:39 08 Aug 06

Hi all, I currently live in Ireland, till I go back to uni that is. However we have a little problem my housemates and I. We are moving into a house with no phone line and we are trying to work out what the heck we need to do to sort out getting connected for phone and internet.

The address is in TS1 3HY post code area. Having never had to do this before we are trying to find out what to do exactly. We are also trying to find out how long it would take to get these things up and running.

If you know any decent providers who service the area with contract times of 6months please do let me know.

Jimmy14 01:54 08 Aug 06

What about a BT phone line, then a ADSL Broadband Provider or something like NTL broadband, Talk Talk. Check availablitity on NTL's website which says the area is Middlesborough, Victoria Road or somewhere the like and pick an address,
click here.
If you;re thinking of getting a BT line installed heres the info, or does the new house already have a BT line?
click here

sean-278262 01:58 08 Aug 06

No Line installed at all as it is a student house and as far as we understand was disconnected when it was converted as such.

terryf 02:33 08 Aug 06

Eclipse click here will allow 1 month at a time contract but you will have to get BT to put a phone line in

pj123 09:58 08 Aug 06

Looks like NTL is available for that Postcode area and they are fairly quick on installations.

click here

sean-278262 10:05 08 Aug 06

I probably should have said there are 5 of us so 2Mbit is out of the question as we would have the problem of fighting to get any bandwidth.

Stuartli 10:08 08 Aug 06

Ntl does up to 4MB and 10MB deals:

click here

johnnyrocker 10:11 08 Aug 06

bt in ireland?

johnny.

sean-278262 10:12 08 Aug 06

NTL also only offers a 12 month contract. We will be at this address for only 9 months so therefore it isnt a good option for us to be tied in to such a contract.

sean-278262 10:13 08 Aug 06

Johnny please read the original post again. I am moving away from Ireland. While we have BT here in Ireland and are already subscribed I need to find a provider in the UK for University.

wee eddie 11:34 08 Aug 06

TS1 3HY is!

Multi occupant accommodation is a nightmare for all service Suppliers, and Student Accommodation probably even more so than Illegal Immigrants.

You may have to become the financial guarantor to succeed and the best advice will come from your Students Union, at either a national or local level

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced