broadband and internet

dazaar 12:41 31 Aug 03

i have got bt broadband and my isp is 3serve i can no longer use outlook express to send emails, but can receive them ,anyone has a clue as to why i had to put 1470 in front of the old number to sen emails as 3serve does not allow to send emails with your telephone number blocked ,

Magik ®© 12:51 31 Aug 03

the 1470 is caller ID so they have your number to tell who you are..

tbh72 12:57 31 Aug 03

click here

Select the second choice & ensure OE setting are correct.

Andrew P 13:06 31 Aug 03

I don't have broadband :-( but I think that BT Broadband blocks SMTP from being used. SMTP is used to send messages, hence why you can't. BT Broadband does this because it is connection only - it doesn't support email, webspace etc. I'm pretty sure that there is no way to send emails in Outlook Express or indeed any mail program, however you can still go to click here and send and receive your email from there - just fill in your Freeserve email address and password.

tbh72 13:09 31 Aug 03

Dazaar, This is a helproom forum. Please post your replies on the thread so that others will similar problems can see how they have been resolved. The email facsility is used from time to time when specific exchanges of data are required.

I am also with FSBB & I do not have to list 1470 anywhere in my broadband setting's.

dazaar 13:14 31 Aug 03

tbh72 sorry about that. I have not actually signed up with 3serve but have the broadband connection, i still have 3serve as my browser and can receive the emails people send i can not reply as it just errors

tbh72 13:20 31 Aug 03

Freeserve as far as im aware DO NOT allow external access to there mail services. In order to use Freeserve email you would have to use the old methods of Dial Up.

steven_frost 13:25 31 Aug 03

you should be able to receive you FS email whats the error message your getting would be of some help it would be great if you could send it all

dazaar 13:26 31 Aug 03

Are you aware of any that do so i dont have to use a .net email like fsnet. that i can run through outlook, without further adding passwords etc.

dazaar 13:27 31 Aug 03

this is the error message i am getting

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.freeserve.com', Server: 'smtp.freeserve.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 Administrative prohibition', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

suzie005 13:36 31 Aug 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…