Broadband Interference

RoyB 17:31 28 Sep 03

Help will be much appreciated.
Had my PC rebuilt in a bigger case and a larger wattage power unit.
Since having a larger power unit the ADSL Broadband will not connect.
Also, if I am using my Laptop on Broadband, as soon as I start my PC the broadband shuts down on the Notebook.
Roy

Djohn 18:23 28 Sep 03

Using a bigger case and PSU should not affect your broadband connection. Try removing the drivers and then reinstall them before you connect the modem, or router.

Regarding the Laptop. Are you receiving a message that your PC is to close down due to RPC while you are on-line? j.

RoyB 10:40 29 Sep 03

Thanks for response J
Have done all that. Now feel that the PC is creating a signal via the mains to the phone line.
This would I presume account for the laptop braodband cutting out when I start the PC. Puzzled!
Roy

abc77 12:32 29 Sep 03

Can you move the laptop further away from you PC?

RoyB 15:46 29 Sep 03

I can move my Laptop away from the PC, but this does not solve the problem of not being able to connect to ADSL on my PC. If I use a trailing lead to another mains socket in the house then all is OK. BUT ,why should this be so?

abc77 18:26 29 Sep 03

I think that the current may have some effects. According to the instruction from my ISP provider, the ASDL modem should not be placed too near the desktop. Perhaps, using a trailing lead is your solution.

RoyB 18:38 29 Sep 03

Many thanks abc77. Will have to use traing lead until such times as I can find an alternative.
cheers roy

RoyB 17:46 30 Sep 03

abc77. Used your last suggestion and moved my modem WELL away from the PC case. IT WORKED. No problem now with loss of ADSL> Many thanks for your kind response.
Roy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…