broadband installed but would like task bar icons

Mark-335400 21:12 13 May 03

just upgraded to NTL broadband via USB connection, everything works fine but would like to know if its possible to have the connection icon showing on the right hand side of the taskbar just as it used to be with dial up networking,,,, any ideas

VoG™ 21:18 13 May 03

Control Panel, Network Connections, Right click connecction, Properties, tick "Show icon in notification area when connected".

Mark-335400 21:24 13 May 03

Thanks VoG™, this is the course i thought of originally, but it shows as LAN connection at 10mbps,, any other idea??

VoG™ 21:40 13 May 03

It will not show you the actual connection speed but will show the blinking (or always on in my case!) TVs and indicate the time you've been connected. If you want to measure speed then you need something like click here

Having said that, you need to test at various times of day for several days to get a good idea of what your true speed averages out at.

Mark-335400 23:09 13 May 03

Thanks yet again VoG™, I will close this thread as everytime I have had a response from yourself you have always been spot on..... Thanks yet again... Regards daygo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…