Broadband Installation

tAtu*! 14:52 04 Jan 07

Hello all

Please can u help?

I currently have BT broadband set up on my desktop computer. I have sold my desktop and want to install my bt broadband on my laptop.

silly question but....... Do all i need to do is put my installation CD in and attach my modem and install as i did on my desktop PC?

sorry if this sounds a bit silly but I want confirmation that what i am doing is correct??

your help is appreciated as always

Marc

m800afc 14:55 04 Jan 07

You will probably have to install the modem software onto your laptop from your installation CD, but that is about all you have to do

Gongoozler 14:57 04 Jan 07

Hi tAtu*!. Install your broadband on your laptop in exactly the same way as you did for your desktop. This is generally done by running the installation cd, and then connecting the modem to the computer which will then recognise the modem. Don't forget to install antivirus and firewall software on the laptop.

tAtu*! 15:02 04 Jan 07

Thanks Gongoozler/m800afc

Final silly question coming up!

Do i put the modem in before the installation disk, or do i run the installation disk first then plug modem in???

Cheers !

skidzy 15:05 04 Jan 07

Some setups vary,but normally run the setup disc and you should be prompted to connect the modem.

tAtu*! 15:08 04 Jan 07

Thanks

i will try it now!

hopefully be back on shortly!

rodriguez 15:09 04 Jan 07

I had BT broadband and I had to install the software then plug in the modem afterwards. It should actually tell you during the setup wizard when to plug it in.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…