Broadband - Home Network - USB Failure?

miner 21:13 03 Aug 04

I'm running three pcs on a home network through a BT Broadband router.
All was fine until a short power failure after which I lost network connectivity to one machine.
The two local pcs are connected via BT in-line network adaptors to the USB. The failed machine's network adaptor shows no power light. This adaptor works fine when connected to the third pc and the adaptor from that machine shows no power when connected to the 'faulty' machine.
Could the power surge on reconnection have blown something in the USB on this computer?

howard60 22:20 03 Aug 04

it is possible - if the piece of equipment shows the same fault when connected to other pcs then it must be considered faulty. If it is still under warranty take it back if not disconnect it and see if you can take the cover off. Some of these devices have a reset button others have a fuse.

miner 10:07 04 Aug 04

Thanks for that Howard - the pc network adaptor is fine as it works on the other pcs.
I just wonder if the PCI USB board which the adptor is connected to might have been damaged - I suppose all I can do is get another and try it?!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…