Broadband helpneeded

waspie 21:00 18 Jul 07

Hi, I am with BT, (ISP), I use a Mac laptop with Safari conected to a BT Homehub via a Mac Airport. I also use a desktop PC operating Linux and Firefox browser conected via cable.

For the last week I have suffered from a drop in download speeds. I have run several speedtest programs and all show that my throughput is between 83 -115kbps. BT have run line tests and come up with no faults on the line.

However this hasn't detracted from the fact download speeds are 90% slower from last week. I am currently downloading a update on the Linux system and showing download speed of 16.3kB/s. To get speedy access to the net I piggy back a neighbours unlocked wireless conection using the mac.

I figure it must be a wiring problem in the house, I have replaced the ADSL filters, any clues would be superb as it's a real bug bear paying for a 8meg service and getting dial up speeds.

Cheers in advance.

Stuartli 21:03 18 Jul 07

>>"..To get speedy access to the net I piggy back a neighbours unlocked wireless conection..">>

Oh really.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…