Broadband Help needed Please!

STEVE71163 19:31 31 Mar 03

I have got aol broadband and after about half an hour of inactivity i loose the connection with the error (INNIT PACKET NOT ACKNOWLEDGED) Has anyone any idea what causes this as it did not do this before? Also i have fitted a internal adsl modem but in the set up you have to set it up as Lan or Wan ??? Also will aol work with this modem and are their any advantages?

graham 19:41 31 Mar 03

Go to AOL help, top right, broadband help, trouble-shooting. Best I can do.

STEVE71163 20:03 31 Mar 03

Been their done that but unfortunately they seem to know no more than i do :0(

graham 20:16 31 Mar 03

Are you talking about the phone helpline? I've always found them very knowledgeable, better than the on-line help who just ask you to ring the helpline! From what you say, the problem started after you installed the internal modem. Un-instal that and see if it cures it.

STEVE71163 21:08 31 Mar 03

Thanks for the reply. No the problem was their before i installed this modem and i am not using the internal modem i am using the usb external one supplied by aol.

graham 21:17 31 Mar 03

So the problem is you are being disconnected after 30 mins. Can't the phone helpline offer any suggestions? If not, insist that they escalate the problem to BT. This worked for me, as there was a fault at the exchange.

STEVE71163 21:27 31 Mar 03

Thanks for replying. Do you use broadband with aol? and did you have the same problem of disconnection?

graham 21:39 31 Mar 03

Yes to broadband. My problem was that suddenly I couldn't connect, it halted on step 2. AOL eventually said it was my computer! I insisted they escalated to BT, within hours it was fixed. Don't hold your breath waiting for an email to ask that you try again, mine took 2 days to arrive.

jazzypop 21:43 31 Mar 03

This just might be a power supply issue - see click here

STEVE71163 21:55 31 Mar 03

Thanks for the replys. I think fingers crossed that i may have sorted it out. It appears that if i dont have a screen saver running on the machine and just have my tft monitor turn itself off after about half an hour it seems to keep connected. :0) ????

IZZY 22:13 31 Mar 03

STEVE71163..Hi

Know what you are going through, my friend. Been there, seen it, got the TShirt and Coffee Mug.

I think you will only be able to solve the problem with trial and error. Several things can cause Init Oackage not Acknowledged.

On the AOL opening page with the strip list of AOL areas (Welcome at the top, Health etc) click on AOL Broadband right at the bottom. This will open a new panel AOL Broadband.

Right at the bottom left click on HELP button and this will open another panel with information adn F.A.Q's. You will have to trawl through these to see which applies in your case.

Hope this helps and you solve the problem.

Oh! By the way. I have AOL BB so I do sympathise.

Regards

IZZY

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…