Broadband HD TV

geedad 15:11 17 May 08

Can I watch High Definition TV on Broadband?
geedad

Sea Urchin 15:20 17 May 08

Beginner's guide to HDTV 6 - HDTV via the web
HD via the web

It is very early days for streaming HD via the web for two key reasons. Firstly users need very fast broadband connections - at least 8Mbps - to view the signals. And secondly the roll out of connections with this kind of speed isn't happening in the US at the moment. There is a growing number of ISPs in the UK who are offering high speed connections (between 8-20Mbps) now such as Bulldog, UKOnline and Be, however users need to be fairly close to their local BT exchange to have access to this kind of speed.

Some analysts have predicted that the majority of people will be accessing HD via the web by 2010, but if this is to happen, there will need to be some breakthrough technology to enable more homes to have quicker Internet access.

The BBC has used this analogy in its recent Q&A page. When answering the question "I thought digital TV gave me the best picture quality? What is the difference between digital and HDTV?" it writes:

Think of digital TV like a car and HDTV as a type of passenger.

Digital TV is the method of transmitting and receiving different television signals while HDTV is a format.

HDTV programming is received via digital TV - either through cable, satellite or terrestrial.

There are also plans to deliver HDTV via broadband connections.

The above is taken from the following website

click here

geedad 19:38 17 May 08

Sea Urchin
Many, many thanks for your response, and amazing content!
Thanks!
geedad

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…