Broadband has slowed right down

Hamish 18:48 03 Dec 04

Help Please. I have a desktop PC and also a laptop and over the past few days my web pages have been very slow to open also I tried to download a 5.65mb file and it took about 30 minutes giving download speed varying fron 3.6 to about 7 kbps. I have a2squared, norton antivirus, spyblaster, and adaware SE. I am on BTyahoo 1mb service and contacted them to be told than spyware would be slowing down the computers, both computers, and I find this rather strange and also have the same protectiion on both machines. It is both computers which are slow. Would spyware slow down both computers from a 1mb back to dialup speed

Hamish 18:51 03 Dec 04

I should have mentioned that I am using a speedtouch 330? usb modem which I unplug from one computer to the other

VoG II 18:53 03 Dec 04

Try a test click here and see if that confirms the slow speed.

Hamish 19:18 03 Dec 04

VoG™
Thanks I ran this speed test and on test 9 download speeds from european servers the results shows serious problems with your downloads and should be invertigated.

Test 8 download speeds from UK servers - test failed due to server timeout or other error also stated Too many server errors occurred therefor this test is inconclusive.

Would this mean the faults on both my computers which are slowing things down or could it be our local exchange or even BT which have the problem.
Thanks

Hamish 19:32 03 Dec 04

Bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…