Broadband, Fast or not?

pj123 15:09 23 May 04

Not trying to be facetious but I just tried to send an email to my local newspaper (3 miles away). I am on NTL Broadband at 600kbps (allegedly 750kbps now) but I could have printed it out and walked it in quicker. I had to abort it after 3 minutes. I have checked the NTL website status and there doesn't appear to be any outstanding problems (at least not in my area).

Graham ® 15:14 23 May 04

Nothing to report here, either click here

powerless 15:54 23 May 04

It could be "them". Just leave it and try later...

€dstowe 16:00 23 May 04

Much better for your health if you had walked:-)

pj123 17:16 23 May 04

€dstowe. Yes, I agree with you there but at my time of life I reckon it's pretty good when I wake up in the morning and think "Great, I am still here".

Rayuk 18:21 23 May 04

I think the upload speed is only 128 isnt it,and the 770 download isnt yet functioning supposedly to be summer/late summer before it happens.

I know they have had a few problems recently when you try to send mail.

Confab 21:24 23 May 04

Just a couple of questions.

How big was the file that you were trying to upload an what is the upload speed of your ISP?

I don't think it really matters how far away the recipient is. It may have been the NTL were just having some minor server issues and you may have just needed to wait until these were resolved.

Confab

pj123 10:09 24 May 04

All seems OK now. Tried it again this morning and off it went. Thanks. Ticked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…