Broadband and E.mail address

Old Shep 08:57 14 Jun 04

Morning Chaps and Chapesses. After a long hot summer Broadband is going to land in my far outpost of Devon in August. Never thought it would happen. I have chosen Pipex as my isp but am presently with Freeserve(Wanadoo). Is it possible or worthwhile trying to keep my Freeserve e.mail address as I have had it for almost 8years now and I,m an old sentimentalist. When I 'dump' them do I automatically loose my address. If it is possible to keep it how would I do it. One of my reasons also is my son has Pipex and his e.mail is a jumble of numbers and letters which he says he cannot change? Thanks in advance.

johnnyrocker 09:17 14 Jun 04

it would very much be in the hands of freeserve for access to their mail servers, you would need to discuss it with them and your new isp, any reason why you want to change isp? i woulld have thought you could still have stayed with freeserve.

johnny.

xania 09:20 14 Jun 04

I have just set myself up with broadband and had no trouble maintaining my existing Hotmail address. The key is whether you cam access your e-mail over the internet from any PC, or have to work via a mail handler (i.e. MS Outlook) on your local PC. Of course, if you stay with the same ISP when moving to broadband, you have no problem in any event.

xania 09:20 14 Jun 04

I have just set myself up with broadband and had no trouble maintaining my existing Hotmail address. The key is whether you cam access your e-mail over the internet from any PC, or have to work via a mail handler (i.e. MS Outlook) on your local PC. Of course, if you stay with the same ISP when moving to broadband, you have no problem in any event.

SANTOS7 09:21 14 Jun 04

if your freeserve is PAYG on dial/up there is no reason why you cannot keep yuor old email address, to retrieve your email just log on to fserve as normal, you will obviously need to keep your old dial/up modem and connect it when you need to use it, as for beeing worthwhile that will be down to you, good luck

Old Shep 09:40 14 Jun 04

Thanks all. Didn't think I could but thought I would ask the experts. Am getting rid of Freeserve as I feel (personal belief) that they have gone downhill since Wanadoo took over and also Pipex is cheaper with free modem, phone sockets etc. Anyone with Pipex can you change the e.mail address they give you?

dirtyh 10:46 14 Jun 04

hello with pipex you should get 10 email addreses each one will have asgd53 or similar before your name you need to add an alias to each one such as your nane or whatever you like.this will take 24 hours to complete.so dont try using them straight away.
im just doing mine now so some one else may have better advise,all the instructions are on the pipex web site. click here

you will need to log in to make changes good luck.

JayDay 11:01 14 Jun 04

Nice one Old Shep. Don't put money in the pockets of the Frogs!! Especially after last night

canard 11:57 14 Jun 04

You can still download your Freeserve emails but will onlyu be able to send them if you are not on
cable phone.

Old Shep 12:07 14 Jun 04

Thanks for that will give it a go in August.
JayDay That had something to do with it but they did'nt win it we lost it!!!!
Everyone else thanks a lot. Regards.

2neat 13:00 14 Jun 04

Download postcastserver. You will need to dial into freeserve once every 3 months to keep it active. When you send mail from postcast you can set it up so it looks like it comes from your freeserve e-mail. You only need to run the program to send e-mail. It works with outlook express too. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…