Broadband Via Electricity Supply

mark500 13:11 22 Aug 03

Just surfin' today and camr across this.
click here
Take a peek. See what you think.

Fateful Shadow 13:22 22 Aug 03

I heard about this a few weeks ago on the news. Could this be the new broadband for people who live in rural areas???

anchor 13:42 22 Aug 03

Very interesting, but at present to receive this service you must live in the limited area covered by Southern Electric broadband. Hopefully this is a trend that will expand into other areas.

Quote:

"If you are within an area currently served by broadband from Southern Electric, someone from our broadband team will be in touch soon. If you are outside an area served by our broadband we will retain your details and get in touch should we decide to bring broadband to your area."

Yo Sammady Sam 14:15 22 Aug 03

there are a couple of other regions doing this. My brother in Stonehaven is trying to get it through Hydro Electric i think.

BURGMAN02 14:51 22 Aug 03

I wonder when they'll get round to using the mains water supply !!

Yo Sammady Sam 15:04 22 Aug 03
  Magik ®© 15:19 22 Aug 03

or come to that, down the gas pipe, then we will really be cooking....................

the lone cloner 18:08 24 Aug 03

there are currently (no pun intended) two experimental broadband via mains electricity sites in scotland,provided by scottish hydro, one i think is in Crieff the other i'am unsure about.carrying this further the power companies have the technology to read your meter remotely thus doing away with having to be in for a meter reading,i would for one welcome both.

Megatyte 18:19 24 Aug 03

How big are the filters?

;o)

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…