Broadband dropped if incoming telephone call

JAS100 19:37 23 Jul 09

Hi
If I am on the internet (ISP Orange) and I get an incoming telephone call the internet link is lost & I have to reset my modem. Is this a problem with my ISP, BT telephone line or my modem?

OTT_Buzzard 19:42 23 Jul 09

I've seen this a few times (my own house included!) and has always been due to dodgy phone wiring.

If the problem only started when you went to orange then it's more likely a router problem.

canarieslover 19:42 23 Jul 09

If its happening with broadband then it sounds like one of your filters is faulty. If its dial-up then you probably have call waiting enabled.

RobCharles1981 21:37 23 Jul 09

I'm with canarieslover on this one try changing your filters to see if things improve.

JAS100 23:21 23 Jul 09

Thanks for the responses. I've been with Orange & previously Wanadoo and freeserve (prior to each being taken over) and have had the same broadband router/modem for about 5yrs so I'll try the filters and see what happens

Regards
John

howard64 11:52 24 Jul 09

this is a filter problem normally occurs when an odd piece of equipment that is used infrequently has not got a filter fitted. The same effect if one of the filters elsewhere in the property has stopped working. Could be a sky box, old fax machine or answer phone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced