Broadband dropout (i think)

Legslip 21:51 06 Dec 05

I boot my PC and download e-mails (Outlook) and web search (Int. Explorer) no prob. Then if I go away for an hour or so, when I come back it appears that the broadband connection has dropped and the only way back is a re-boot which is a b....y nuisance. When I try and download e-mails it wont, and web search results in all pages being unavailable.
Win XP, BT Broadband, D-Link DSL-G604T Router. AVG & Zonealarm.

Any ideas? It never used to happen!

Fred Heartsun 22:22 06 Dec 05

just off the top of my head. try start/control pane;/system/hardware/device manager.expand the usb box,right click on usb root hub, select properties then click the power management tab. make sure the box to allow the comp to save power by switching the device off is unticked.do this for all root hubs ans also the network adapters if you connect through a lan.

Legslip 22:29 06 Dec 05

Thanks Fred. Understand your logic. have done and will report back. Ta

Legslip 12:43 07 Dec 05

Sorry Fred. No joy. Clicked on Int. Explorer this morning and cannot display page. Nor can I send / receive e-mail. Any ideas anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…