Broadband Drop outs

mccaffj 21:52 03 Jun 09

Please can someone help. My broadband connection continualy drops out and at points it becomes impossible to use, whilst other times it works for an hour or so. I use BETHERE and they have done numerous tests on the line changed my profiles and replaced parts at the exchange. I have replaced all my adsl filters, all wiring from the socket to the modem and had a test socket installed. The BT engineer has been twice and the wiring has been replaced and line tests completed but to no avail. My ISP now says there is nothing they can do and BT say the line is fine. I do not want to change my ISP and have the same issues, I also lived 2 floors below in the same building using the same ISP and had no issues. I have no idea what to do now.

OTT_Buzzard 22:01 03 Jun 09

If all else has been tested and replaced then your router (modem) is the next step?

beeuuem 23:13 03 Jun 09

Do you have the line statistics from the modem,
from the DSL connection page?
Or a snapshot from DMT click here v7.35 for
Speedtouch 516 536 546 585 608 706 716 780 which allows you to tweak the modem will give much information.

RobCharles1981 23:58 03 Jun 09

Post Your Line Stats for me to check for anything fishy going on?

Graham. 08:27 04 Jun 09

BT could fit a radio filter to the master socket, or you can buy one yourself click here

Neon signs, fluorescent lights, street lights and taxi aerials are sometimes the cause of broadband drop-outs.

mccaffj 20:21 04 Jun 09

Line stats below. For your info I have had my modem replaced as well:

Modem:
Thomson TG585v7
Serial Number: CP0832SFFYK
Software Release: 7.4.20.3
Software Variant: CB
Boot Loader Version: 1.0.0
Product Code: 36315250
Board Name: CANT-P

Line Stats.

Link Information
Uptime: 0 days, 0:02:06
DSL Type: G.992.5 Annex M US 56
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,325 / 8,185
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00

Connection Information
Uptime: 0 days, 0:01:26
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 123.53 / 2.10
IP Address: 93.97.195.197

I am on a standard 6 db adsl line, although I have been put on numerous profiles by my ISP.

Please let me know if you need more info

RobCharles1981 21:02 04 Jun 09

Well your Bandwith Up and Down Look Fine to me, it could be Filters to me have you tried changing the them??

beeuuem 23:22 04 Jun 09

I take it you are on the BeValue package.

Could you post the line stats, particularly the attenuation and SNR values which provide information on the condition of your BT line.

mccaffj 20:49 05 Jun 09

I have had the BT enginner at my flat twice and they have changed wiring etc. The line tests performed by BT show no problem.

I have changed all filters wires etc in my property connected to the test socket and still experience the same problem. I have also been put on numerous profiles by Be there my isp, including their most stable profile and a static ip.

how do i get the SnR and attenuation values?

mccaffj 20:56 05 Jun 09

When the connection drops i get the below msg

DSL Connection

Link Information

Link Status: Disconnected

DSL Type: G.992.5 Annex M US 56

mccaffj 20:56 05 Jun 09

The DMT link above is for windows can a MAC version?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant