(Broadband). Distance from exchange.

bluto1 20:31 18 Jun 07

About a year ago there was a link which gave this information. Does anybody have it please?

skidzy 20:39 18 Jun 07

Bt or Cable Bluto ?

click here

select which one and enter your postcode,this will tell you the nearest exchange.

How reliable...i dont know im afraid.

HCOOH 20:53 18 Jun 07

This does quite a lot.click here

bluto1 20:56 18 Jun 07

Thanks, but that's not the one. I've checked it out and it didn`t give the actual distance as the old one did. My line is BT and although it seems to indicate that you'll be told how far from your exchange you are, this unfortunately doesn`t tell you. Never mind, I might have to go into Google Earth and apply a slide rule to the picture. Thanks mate.

woodchip 20:58 18 Jun 07

You don't have exchange's on cable

bluto1 21:01 18 Jun 07

Ever so sorry, I missed your reply , unless it came on when I was chatting to skidzy. Seems to be a forum of sorts and I'll certainly spend a little time there. Thanks very much.

skidzy 21:04 18 Jun 07

Bluto,i ran it here and told me the location which im guessing is about 6 miles from me.Though like i said earlier...how reliable,i dont know.

HCOOH 21:09 18 Jun 07

No worries

bluto1 09:30 19 Jun 07

Thanks for help, unfortunately doesn`t give distances. A pal of mine is going to phone later with some info for me. I`ll close this thread now. Thanks again.

Stuartli 10:53 19 Jun 07

Key your exchange into the appropriate link at:

click here

It will give the distance from your exchange in yard sas the crow flies.

However, this is not the "distance" from the exchange of your actual telephone line...:-)

bretsky 12:48 19 Jun 07

bookmarked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…