Broadband Discussion - Pricing & Availability

tbh72 13:09 03 May 03

I have had Broadband for twelve months. I have had no cause to complain, however, people are being able to test their connection speeds and are becoming more experienced with the technology.

Here's my first question. Q1. If you are too far from the exchange you wont get Broadband. Does that mean if you are closer to the domain you will achieve better speed results then someone at the outer limits of the exchange?

If this is the case, would it be fair to introduce a different pricing structure based on your distance from the exchange? Is it fair to pay the same for less?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ok, let's have your thoughts, feel free to post your own Broadband topics of discussion here also. Let's DEBATE.

caast ©™ 13:14 03 May 03

This is one of those questions that may be better aired in the consumerWatch forum.

Just a thought maybe

tbh72 13:18 03 May 03

Thank-you caast, however I hope this thread will lean towards help & advice on a technical level as appossed to influencing habits!!! Lets see how it develops.

tbh72 13:21 03 May 03

influence "BUYING" habits..... Oooop's buying escaped me

caast ©™ 13:27 03 May 03

Point taken, It was just a thought, you might have a wider audience.

crx1600 15:12 03 May 03

its a digital service,so id imagine you either get your bandwidth or you dont,there no half measures?(unlike analogue)

pj123 17:43 03 May 03

Hi

I was always under the impression that BB was "grouped" eg. if 20 people in my area are on the same bb connection and all logged on then the speed was dramatically reduced. If I was the only one logged on then my speed would be the fastest available, until others started logging on.

I didn't think distance came into it, if you are connected to a digital exchange.

I must add that I am on cable and not telephone lines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…