Broadband disconnects when using OE 6

Rhuddlan 14:33 19 Jul 04

After opening oe 6 to check my freeserve and hotmail e mails, my broadband connection disconnects, I have changed no settings in oe, this has only been happening since I got broadband about a months ago, doesn't happen any other time, any ideas? Rhuddlan.

Rhuddlan 16:58 19 Jul 04

The box isn't ticked and the problem is still occuring, any other ideas? Rhuddlan.

Djohn 17:27 19 Jul 04

As beeuuem sugestion hasn't worked, it would have been mine as well. Try the same from "Outlook" if you have it installed, even though you may not be using it they share settings.

Also worth a try is, Explorer/tools/internet options/connections tab, place the dot in "Never dial a connection". It shoudn't be causing the problem but just might be trying to look for a dial-up modem and causing the drop out.

Rhuddlan 17:54 19 Jul 04

I haven't got Outlook installed, but will try your suggestion, thanks, Rhuddlan.

THE TERMINATOR 20:42 19 Jul 04

In OE click on Tools menu, options, connection tab and disable HANG UP AFTER SENDING AND RECIEVING....TT

Rhuddlan 23:11 19 Jul 04

This option is disabled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…