//some 3rd party need geo

Broadband disconnects when telephone rings

Rickyv 16:43 07 Sep 05

Whenever I get a longish telephone call, my broadband disconnects. Very short calls do not seem to be a problem. All phones have ADSL filters fitted and these have been changed to make sure there is not a faulty one anywhere. Neither Wanadoo (my ISP) or BT (phone line and ADSL/Router supplier) can help. Phone line has been checked and is reported to be ok. The ADSL/Router I use is a BT Voyager 2100, but I have had the same problem with netgear and belkin products which I have tried. Any suggestions gratefully received.

MAJ 16:51 07 Sep 05

Make sure you aren't exceeding the recommended REN of 4, Rickyv, i.e. having more than 4 appliances connected to your phone line, e.g. Sky TV, Broadband, connection, telephone, other telephone extensions (in the bedroom for example. Also make sure that your Broadband connection is connected to the master phone socket and not a fitted extension.

Rickyv 16:58 07 Sep 05

The modem is plugged into the master socket and the total REN is 2.5. Three of the phones are DECT cordless, so only one connection to the BT line.

roygbiv 17:11 07 Sep 05

In my experence DECT cordless phones and BB dont mix.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…