Broadband & Dial-up connection

prima12 13:49 23 Dec 03

Hi all, I have just installed a dial-up ISP as well as running NTL 600k broadband, the reason being that NTL is not as reliable as it should be, and I do need access. I have noticed now that when I have my internet access open through BB, when I click on 'Mail' & 'Read mail' Outlook Express doesn't open as it did before, also it won't open using my keyboard 'hotkey' either, it will open if I go back to my desktop and open it from my shortcut. Have I done something wrong or do I have something set wrong?

Djohn 13:55 23 Dec 03

Express shares your details with IE [Your browser]. In IE go to tools/internet options/connections tab and make sure your Broadband account is the one set to default. j.

prima12 14:13 23 Dec 03

There was nothing relating to my BB connection in the 'connections tab', would this be because it cable connection rather than phone line connection?

Djohn 14:21 23 Dec 03

Not sure about that Prima. I would have thought a cable connection would show, but others with cable will advise on that. My broadband, [Via phone-line] does show as adsl modem and the dial-up account is underneath it.

prima12 14:39 23 Dec 03

Thanks for your help Djohn, managed to find the problem, the 'Email Program' in 'options/email program' had somehow been deleted, but now appears to be back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…