Broadband and Dect phones

Siddhartha 22:37 10 Oct 05

I have a netgear adsl router (not wireless)and I occasionally cannot get a connection to the internet, BT say the line is ok, Wanadoo say that everything is ok at their end. Is it possible that my dect phones are causing a problem (I have 3 but am only using one phone socket)I sometimes get a kind of feedback noise when I pick up a phone.

Jackcoms 22:41 10 Oct 05

It is more than possible than the signals from your cordless phones are affecting/interfering with your BB connection.

IMHO it's not good to mix BB and cordless phones.

woodchip 22:41 10 Oct 05

Remove them and try connecting when possible to rule in or out the dect phones

PA28 08:38 11 Oct 05

I have 4 Dect phones (one base) plus a wired phone/fax - all with ADSL filters. Use Belkin Wireless Modem router with no problems. Can only suggest try moving DECT base station if you can.

Siddhartha 20:05 11 Oct 05

Will try all suggestions - thanks to all.

cjc42 20:19 11 Oct 05

I'm still using a netgear DG 814 router, I've never updated the software.
I have one splitter, the phone side of it has a fax/phone, a DECT cordless 4 phone set-up and a Credit Card machine connected to it.
The ADSL side has a 4 computer wired network, 2 on XP+SP2, 2 on windows ME (previously a mixture of ME and 98SE), one of the XP machines is connected to a DECT cordless 2 phone set-up via an Adapter which I use for Skype.
I have a 1mb ADSL Broadband connection with Plusnet.
I experience virtually no connection problems, the speed usually exceeds the 1mb, Skype is normally a first time connection and invariably crystal clear on Skypout, Skypin and PC to PC.
Even Voipcheap, Googletalk and Plustalk that I'm also playing with give good results.

So, unless you have a faulty phone, I'd guess your problem is not cordless phone related

CJC

wiz-king 20:30 11 Oct 05

There have been many comments but no definite results one way or the other.Newer phones are probably better, and make sure you use a good filter on the phone socket.

woodchip 21:33 11 Oct 05

It could also be a faulty filter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…