Broadband connexion break off!

ADRM 15:13 28 Jun 03

My broadband, in a student residence, is configured to detect automatically the connection. Sometimes it break off for no reason. Hours or days later, it reappears. What should be wrong and how to react?

Thanks

A. Reis Monteiro

It could be that the filters are broken, extension lead may be dodgy.. many thing's...

Best thing is to try everything out of the main socket, until you find the problem.

graham√ 16:35 28 Jun 03

Can you give more details on the broadband, is it connected to just on computer, or shared by other computers? Is it owned by the students, or is there someone else responsible for it?

graham√ 17:14 28 Jun 03

Correction...for 'on computer' read 'one computer'.

graham√ 19:37 28 Jun 03

Email received:

'Each room is provided with a connection point and the system is externally provided.
I have a laptop Compac XP'

ADRM, it is better to use the 'Add a new response' facility below, the yellow envelope sends me an email, which means others who may be able to help can't see your reply.

It could be that your internet connection is part of a network, and will be maintained by the college/university. I suggest you contact the administration office and ask for help. Sorry I can't offer any other advice at this time, please post back if you have any more information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…