Broadband connections-uninvited.

david27 17:15 23 Nov 09

Yesterday I turned on my Broadband Router and wireless connection on my computer.on clicking to connect to network apart from the usual dlink that I use there appeared "BRCM-TEST-SSID" Does anyone know why this should happen or anything about it? On google I did find some letters about it but dated April 2008 and not very informative.
daid27

ashleycardwell94 21:00 23 Nov 09

it might be someone living next to you has a test network connection

Ashrich 21:49 24 Nov 09

This is from a Broadcom router or at least a router with a Broadcom chipset , which yours may well have , although I don't know which one you have .

I reckon that this occurs when the power supply falters or varies in power due to fluctuations on the mains , something with the bad weather lately has been quite common , so try a hard reset of the router and see if the problem persists

ps , make a note of all the data you will need before resetting as it will wipe out everything on the router , returning it to factory settings

Ashley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…