broadband connection without router

Hucky 12:26 27 Nov 04

hi guys....i am trying 2 connect 2 pc`s with broadband and someone told me that u can do it without a router....any suggestions...!! ta

Kegger 12:44 27 Nov 04

do you want to be a bit more specific?if you mean that you want to share a broad band internet connection to two pc's this can be done via microsoft ICS (Internet connections Sharing) or you can use a proxy server, only caveate is the PC that has the Internet connection must be switched on and that the PC's are networked either via a switch / hub or via wireless cards on a peer to peer arrangement. if you let me know exactly what you want to do i can help you further ( i have seven pc's on a network all with Internet access)

Hucky 12:54 27 Nov 04

yes, i want to share a broad band internet connection to two pc's this can be done via microsoft ICS (Internet connections Sharing) can u tell me how i go about it...ta

spargo 13:05 27 Nov 04

Have a read click here

Kegger 13:06 27 Nov 04

i an assuming you have XP (let me know if not)on the pc that has the Internet connection go to the network connection icon (Start>control Panel>Network Connections)right click on icon select 'properties' then select 'advanced' tick the ICS box and read the 'Learn more about Internet connection sharing' if i remember correctly you will need a floppy disk to set it up on both PC's as i said before both PC's need to be connected to each other either by local lan hardwired (ethernet) or via a wireless connection

Hucky 13:15 27 Nov 04

the pc with the internet connection has xp the other one has me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…