broadband connection trouble

notmeguv 22:15 22 Jul 04

windows xp pro. ive just swaped motherboards, from an asus p4pe to a msi neo 875p. they both have onboard network adapters. the internet worked fine with the asus mobo, but will not work with my new msi mobo, ive installed all the drivers, checked the cable and router, but when i run iexplorer it says no connection and offers me to work offline. ive tried the make new connection in internet options, ive looked in the bios but theres only one option for lan: enable or disable. theres an led at the side of the rj45 on my mobo and it flashes. please help. any ideas will be great. cheers.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:34 22 Jul 04

1.lan enabled in BIOS

2. lan drivers loaded from MObo driver disk

3 No lan conflicts showing in device manager ?

notmeguv 22:44 22 Jul 04

the first 2 ive checked a thousand times, but how do i check for conflicts?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:50 22 Jul 04

control panel -system -hardware- device manager-network adapters- properties

notmeguv 22:56 22 Jul 04

it doesnt say anything about conflicts, it says this divice is working properly. i never uninstalled the old network drivers, do i need to do this and how?

johnsims 23:13 22 Jul 04

If you put a new mobo in you will need to reinstall windows. Too many hardware differences unless you are really lucky, especially with XP. The registry will be full of stuff to do with the old mobo. You are lucky that the LAN connection is the only thing giving you grief.

flying grouse 23:35 22 Jul 04

you will have to load LAN driver from your motherboard support CD or go to the MSI website and search for downloads for your model of board and get the driver.......which may have been updated.

notmeguv 20:50 23 Jul 04

ive reinstalled windows but still cannot connect. i reinstalled windows once before with my old motherboard and it connected straight away. ive reinstalled all the drivers, properties say this device is working properly. any more ideas? please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…