broadband connection speed

pookie 21:29 13 Oct 05

hi

i have tiscali 2Mb unlimited. in some internet programs it asks for your connection speed to optimise for performance: options are modem, cable/dsl, T1, T3 or higher. What does 2Mb equate to then?

cheers

P

bremner 21:31 13 Oct 05

cable/dsl

keith-236785 22:36 13 Oct 05

i normall put T1 or T3, whichever you think may get the best results

its dead now but winmx used to allow downloads instantly (mxmonitor) to users who had T3 connection.

generally if its a p2p prog it wont matter, if its some major online gaming site then it might make a difference. at the moment 3MB connection is about the fastest you can get (yes i do know about Bulldog) but i think thats an exception to the rule. 2MB (same as i am on with NTL) is fast enough for me so i wont be chasing faster speeds and you will probably find the same to be true.

transfer rates of around 240kb/s does a 1meg download in about 6-8 seconds

you can try cable/dsl and if you have problems, change it to T1 or T3 (what has happened to T2)
i would imagine T1 to be 1 meg, T3 to be 3 meg, as we are in between then its whichever works well, trial and error

pookie 13:15 14 Oct 05

cheers guys and have a great weekend

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…