Broadband Connection Problems

wagstaf 10:29 AM 08 May 11

Help Required!! I have a problem with my telephone/broadband connection. We have a BT master socket with a double adapter (1 for phone) (1 for netgear wireless router). Yesterday the adapter didn't work (or I thought it was the adapter)so I bought a new one. Now I when I connect it, the phone works ok until I connect the broadband then neither works. The adapter is ok as it works perfectly ok with 2 phone lines or the broadband works ok with just the broadband socket installed. Any ideas please? Thanks

Poitier 11:13 AM 08 May 11

Hi, It is not clear from your post ,but are you using a filter?.Both phone and router connect to the filter.Is the filter OK?

wagstaf 11:19 AM 08 May 11

Thanks for yr reply. I was using a filter but have now taken it off. It was having the same problems...when I plugged in the phone to it was fine but when I plugged in the line to the router the phone goes off.

onthelimit1 11:43 AM 08 May 11

Sounds like a duff filter - it does happen.

wagstaf 11:53 AM 08 May 11

it was all ok yesterday until my missus knocked the bt master socket and the double adapted whilst hoovering. that's why i can't figure it out. it's all back as it should be!

wagstaf 12:10 PM 08 May 11

Here's a new slant! I've just bought another ADSL filter. So I have a BT master socket with filter fitted. Same thing happens...plug phone in and get dial tone. Then plug modem in and get no dial tone.

Poitier 14:55 PM 08 May 11

Hi, Sounds as though the socket is damaged. Remove the faceplate and plug the filter into the test socket on the wall behind it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…