Broadband connection problem

SidBrown 21:58 19 May 08

Wondering if someone out there can help please?
I have a small Home network of a PC and two laptops, which i run through a Netgear DG834G wireless router.The PC is wired to the router and the Laptops work with a Wireless connection.
If I take you through my day, you should get some idea of how the problem occurs.

Usualy boot up about 8.00 a.m. The PC is used for general Internet type stuff. The first laptop is logged on to the server in my office which is about 300 miles away. The second laptop is used by my Son.

Everything is usualy ok until 4.00-4.30 p.m., when things start to get a little slow. By 6.00 the connection to the PC and my sons laptop is intermittent, by 7.00 pm it is very poor. Using Google as a Home page, you can get search results, but try clicking on the link and you get Internet Explorer cannot display etc. However all through this disruption the connection to the remote server at the office works fine, and I can access the internet through it.

I've tried resetting the Browser, deleting all temp Internet files, dissabling the Firewall. I've changed the size of the packets on the Router, everything I can think of in fact.Is the fault in the PC? I dont think the router is at fault due to the emote connection. The infuriating thing is, that come 8.00 a.m everything works like new, only for the cycle to be repeated.

Diodorus Siculus 23:06 19 May 08

Strange indeed... I agree not likely to be the router but have you tried to reboot it about 3pm or so?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…