BROADBAND CONNECTION AND DECT PHONES

Rickyv 15:07 07 Nov 04

I recently changed over from a 512k connection to a 1Mpbs (Wanadoo broadband). I have 3 seperate phones connected to my phone system - 2 are DECT and the other an old ordinary phone. I now find I lose my broadband connection if I havew all phones connected at the same time. THIS NEVER HAPPENED WITH MY 512K CONNECTION. All phone sockets have filters on them. Wanadoo support mentioned getting a special filter for DECT phones which plugs into the existing filter. They said these would be sold in PC World - but PC World have never heard of them. Can anyone help, please.

Graham ® 15:49 07 Nov 04

For DECT, you need a high quality filter. This is DECT campatible click here

Graham ® 15:50 07 Nov 04

It's compatible, too.

D G 15:53 07 Nov 04

Hi there. I've got Dect phones on wannadoo,and I've no special filters,no problems,am I the lucky one. DG

Graham ® 16:03 07 Nov 04

Not really. Some cause problems, some don't. The filters you have may be better than you think!

Rickyv 16:06 07 Nov 04

Thanks. I've ordered a couple more filters form your 'link' - hopefully they will do the trick. As I said, I never had this problem with 512k. Perhaps I am pushing my phone line to the limit or something!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…