Broadband connection box slow to appear

thumbscrew 09:41 11 Dec 08

I've done two things to my computer in the last 24 hours....installed a new HP printer and updated my Superantispyware. I now find that when I click on my Tiscali connection icon (A box then appears and I click "Dial" to connect the broadband), the box is not appearing, or takes an inordinate amount of time to appear. Strangely if I click on say, my e-mail or Mozilla icon then the box appears. I've uninstalled Superantispyware but it's still the same. Can anyone help?

Technotiger 09:56 11 Dec 08

I don't use Tiscali, but with Broadband there should be no need to click a Dial button. When you are on-line make sure that in Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Options>Connection the button beside 'Never dial a connection' is checked.

thumbscrew 10:22 11 Dec 08

Thanks Technotiger and yes it's ticked. It's a connection icon and it has to be clicked to go on line.

Stuartli 10:31 11 Dec 08

Is it a USB modem?

Technotiger 10:33 11 Dec 08

Hmm, it seems you need someone who uses Tiscali, or to contact Tiscal Help then. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

thumbscrew 10:34 11 Dec 08

Yes, two green lights...both on.

Technotiger 10:35 11 Dec 08

Although Stuartli might be onto something - I was only thinking Router!!

thumbscrew 10:46 11 Dec 08

Thanks both, have to leave for work now...olease keep suggestions coming.

Stuartli 11:03 11 Dec 08

See:

click here*7Q4lj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfcm93X2NudD00NDcsNDQ3JnBfcHJvZHM9JnBfY2F0cz0mcF9wdj0mcF9jdj0mcF9zZWFyY2hfdHlwZT1hbnN3ZXJzLnNlYXJjaF9ubCZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=&p_topview=1

A USB modem does take a bit longer to initialise after you have switched the system on - IIRC when I was with Tiscali (oh what joy to leave!) it took about 30 seconds.

Stuartli 11:04 11 Dec 08

Oh dear..:-(

The Click Here didn't work properly...:-((

TinyURL is:

click here

thumbscrew 23:50 11 Dec 08

Stuartli, that's so helpfull...above and beyond etc. I've never seen that information and I'm with Tiscali. Many thanks pal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…