broadband connection

curious one 11:35 AM 27 May 11

recently my computer was inflicted with the ms system tool scam ,,i have managed to locate the file and delete it from my pc,,however i still cant connect my broadband ,,it fails to connect everytime and says ""user name and /or password not recognised "" any one out there had this problem ?? any help /advice would be much appreciated,,Tesco is my internet provider,,i wondered if changing my password would be the solution,,but not sure how to go about this...

woodchip 11:46 AM 27 May 11

if you know how to get into your router, check the user and password in the setup page.

you could also try deleting your old network connection and create a new one, using your present user and password

woodchip 12:05 PM 27 May 11

PS Deleting your old connection in Networking then creating a new one would be the best way to go as its Windows where the Problem is. May be the User that's you, as got been corrupted by the malaware

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:50 PM 27 May 11

Here is the correct method for removing this nasty piece of s.. software

curious one 13:37 PM 27 May 11

wowwwww,,first time on this site for me,,realy amazed at the very quick responses you guys have given me,,realy big thankyou for that,,will try to push on now and get my pc. fully cleared from that dreadful scamming folder,,cheers to you all ..eddie ..

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites