Broadband connection

davecooper 12 Apr 11

Over the past few weeks I have been having problems whereby my TalkTalk broadband randomly loses connection during a session. What I had noticed was that on many occasions, when I changed web pages, the router seemed to reset and go through its start up sequence again. However, yesterday I found it very difficult to get any connection at all. However, on the odd occasion it would connect. However, it only let me open a few pages at best, most of the time loosing connection as soon as the PC tried to initially connect. It all seems very random and the connection seems very unstable.

I am going to check the router settings tonight but I am not convinced this is the problem as it does allow me to connect on the odd occasion. Any advice would be welcome.

lotvic 12 Apr 11

Visit the TalkTalk Forum for ways to get your connection tested, it is an issue many have problems with. Either you are losing your connection altogether (light on router goes red) and/or you are having Authentication Problems (talktalk Server is re-authenticating your details all the time)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message