broadband connection

harboro1 12:59 15 Mar 08

Hi,
I have a Netgear Super Wireless Router UOM 1 and a Netgear 108Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter connected to my computer, when I log in both say they are connected.
I click on my ISP {sky.com} or email and they say they are not connected, I have to pull out the mains or reset the Router and then it works fine but I have to do this every time.
I thought it could have been a fault with some thing on my computer, so I set it up on another computer I have and it behaves the same.
I have an different Wireless Adapter on each computer but using the same router.
Could the Router be at fault?
Any ideas?
Thanks.
Harboro.

harps1h 13:03 15 Mar 08

turn off your firewall and see if it happens then. also give us more detail as to your OS and antivirus/firewall software

Daveboy 17:47 15 Mar 08

Both machines dont have the same ip address do they ?

Graham. 17:57 15 Mar 08

You may have to speak to Sky. Sounds like the speed may have been set higher than your line can support. When you re-boot the router, it negotiates the speed, and you can then connect.

harboro1 14:05 16 Mar 08

Hi,
Thanks for the advice.
I have Windows XP Pro installed on both machines{ Installed by the same Cd}, on this computer Panda Titanium Antivirus and Firewall 2007 and Mcaffe antivirus and firewall installed on the other, both react the same when trying to connect.
I tried disabling the Firewall, it looked like it was trying to connect but it didn't.
There is a chap a few doors down the road he uses Sky ISP and the same phone line as me but has windows Xp Home, his works fine.
Thanks,
Harboro1

Graham. 14:14 17 Mar 08

As I said, you will need to talk to Sky. They will look at the Exchange stats and do a few small tweaks to the settings. You should then have a more stable set-up.

harboro1 11:43 25 Mar 08

Hi,
I got in touch with Sky who asked me to unplug all telephones and just leave the router in, this I did and it connected.
I have 3 telephones and an extention bell,all have filters except the bell.
I connected everything back up and it didn't connect,then I unplugged the bell and it connected, so the bell was the trouble.
Thanks for the advice.
Harboro1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…