Broadband connection

tele52 17:11 13 May 07

My Virgin net broadband connection will drop intermittently. I then click on to re-connect to find that Virgin net in the connection box has been replaced with umahn, which tries to connect.I then bring back Virgin net and after a few tries it will re-connect me. I then go into Windows explorer/network connections and delete umahn only for it to return on another occasion.
I have searched my computer to try and find out what uhamn is with no luck. I am running Zone Alarm, AVG Virus, Ad-aware and Spybot and all are up to date and none have detected any problems. Anyone any ideas?
Thanks

eedcam 17:19 13 May 07

Its neither virus nor malware look it up on Google

Strawballs 17:20 13 May 07

click here Try downloading and running this

tele52 22:03 13 May 07

Thanks for your tips.Tried both, Google comes up with nothing. Rogue Remover gives the computer a clean bill of health.
Any other ideas anyone??

woodchip 22:09 13 May 07

Try restore to a old date

eedcam 23:00 13 May 07

Google comes up with nothing well I found reference to uhamn Something to do with the modem as I said nowt to do with viruses. The fact you may not understand it does'nt warrant cant find nothing there
click here

Vaughanster 23:11 13 May 07

Hi tele52

What type of modem/router is it? Can you get to the GUI and see what's happening in there?
Any error messages other than what you've described?

birdface 23:47 13 May 07

Like tele52 I never found anything interesting on Google,Dont know what your click here was supposed to show.,

p;3 00:26 14 May 07

if you click on umahm where does it take you?

musty admit that I find eedcam'e replies a tad unhelpful

you could try running

click here

click here

fully update then and run on full deep scans to see if they find unwanted guests?

I wonder if you have picked up an unwanted house guest?

eedcam 10:01 14 May 07

Sorry if you cant follow my unhelpful reply but I cant understand why not. The original post was concerned uhamn was a virus or malware .Obviously most of you do to. If you read the postings on the forum I pointed to it is clear that it is not .I know nothing about Uhamn but it looks as if it is something to do with the modem connection they also refer to mgetty which is well posted on google.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the thing.
I have 2 fresh Ubuntu machines. ('Uhamn' and 'ismh')

'ismh' need to use the modem to connect to 'Uhamn'.
'ismh' should be able to use 'ssh', 'scp' and 'vncviewer'.

What to do?
I have modems in both of them (they are right here beside me).
I have 2 telephone lines to test with.

I figured out to use 'System'>'Administration'>'Networking' and activaded the modems (and typing down the telephone numbers).

I've been reeding about wvdial, pptp, pppd and a lot of other ways to connect 2 computers to each oteher... ITS A JUNGLE!

Is there a easy whay?
<<mikuskuikku>>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by mikuskuikku : August 11th, 2005 at 08:18 AM.

mikuskuikku
View Public Profile
Send a private message to mikuskuikku
Find all posts by mikuskuikku

#2 August 11th, 2005
nat
5 Cups of Ubuntu
Beans: 16

Re: Connect two fresh Ubuntus to eachother, use VNC and SSH

sudo apt-get install mgetty

is a good start

Then you have to add a line in /etc/inittab to connect the serial line to mgetty.

Then you connect mgetty to ppp.

Take a look at the examples/documentation found in the mgetty package.

nat

birdface 10:09 14 May 07

Sorry mate,Read it a few times and completely missed the Uhamn connection,Thanks for pointing it out to me,

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…