broadband connection.

kench 21:18 16 May 05

first day on broadband and when i check e mails in outlook express it trys to dial dial my old dial up connection.I changed from tesco dial up to tesco broadband help please?

Jackcoms 21:19 16 May 05

Delete the dial-up connection.

Michendi 21:38 16 May 05

As Jackcoms says, you must delete the old connection, but then of course you must setup a new email account. The settings are different between your old modem connection and your new ADSL connection.

Your Broadband provider should have provided you with all the necessary data to setup your email accounts.

Dipso 21:57 16 May 05

How are you connected? USB modem? If so, you need to make that connection your default connection. You shouldn't have to set up a new mail account, I didn't have to.

Jackcoms 06:46 17 May 05

I agree with Dipso. When I switched from Tiscali dial-up to Tiscali BB I DID NOT have to set up new e-mail accounts.

But I did delete the dial-up connection and ensure that the new ADSL connection was ticked as the default.

Taff36 06:54 17 May 05

In Outlook Express go to Tools>Accounts and highlight the original dial up connection. Select properties and then on the General Tab untick the box "Include this account when receiving & Synchronising". The account remains active - you may need it in an emergency if your BB fails - and you can select it from the drop down box whenever the BB is not connected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…