BroadBand. Clarity for M.I.L

roygbiv 11:59 26 Feb 04

I am confused !!!!!. My mother in law has been thinking of getting broadband (her town has just been enabled) She has asked if the Phone line rental is included in the BB monthly rental.

I’m sure I saw an advert for bb with the phone rental included, but thinking about it, I’m not sure about it.

She has dial up via Freeserve , now, is it worth staying with them or going else where.
Also, Can you sign up to BB from any provider or have you got to stick with whoever the local residents recommend.
Plus I need to explain the different speeds / deals (3*,5*etc.) on offer at the moment.

Sorry for this, but if I can get some answers, and print them out for her, it will be of enormous help (for a family atmosphere !!!) Alan

deadneat 12:10 26 Feb 04

You could try thisclick here link. I am with BT broadband. Look at BT site for more info on charges etc. She will have to pay line rental for the phone on top of BB charge. Why not stick with freeserve? Do some searches for isps.
Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…