broadband cable is too short

irate 16:25 01 Mar 05

just recieved package , it says you have to connect the cable to the direct line in the wall and not to an extension. the problem is ive got an office outside of the house with no phone line so im running on an extension. the extension is about 60 feet long is it possible to get a broadband cable that long

any help would be grateful

Yoda Knight 16:27 01 Mar 05

that advice is so as to rule out problems with noise on the line - try it with ur extension anyway and see if it works :)

Diemmess 16:55 01 Mar 05

Two BB installations, neither close enough to use the supplied cable. I bought a 7 meter cable and laboriously threaded it under floors and down walls, to avoid using an extension......... My son, more laid back than I am simply used the nearest BT socket and the supplied cable.

We live 4 mls. apart on the same exchange and both systems work fine......... This proves nothing except to repeat Yoda Knight's advice -Try it!

Cesar 09:41 03 Mar 05

I have been running BB on an extension for the last 12 months without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…