Broadband with BT call barring - possible?

altecsole 10:42 09 Sep 05

My kids drive me mad by spending ages on the phone and costing me a fortune so I've used call barring to only allow incoming calls. However, I'd like to get broadband and allow the kids to use it. Will it still work with the call barring in place? Needless to say I don't want to have to unbar the phone each time they want to use the net.

johnnyrocker 11:00 09 Sep 05

i dont think it will pose a problem as the line gets split between analogue (talk service) and digital (broadband) but best check with bt for their requirements.

johnny.

altecsole 13:10 09 Sep 05

Okay, thanks. I'll try that. Cheers

woodchip 13:17 09 Sep 05

Yes as the phone and BB although going down the same BT line the Info is different

woodchip 13:23 09 Sep 05

If you got the ISP I am on they can use Phone free 24/7 on all 01 & 02 numbers while you can still use the Internet it is NTL/Freedom on a BT line 512kb BB not download limits. providing the phone is hung up before the hour they can redial if it's not then charges will be made. the 01 & 02 are Local and National call's free. but all other calls are charged for other than 0800 Price for the service is £24.99 a month. Plus you line rental to BT every three months

altecsole 13:28 09 Sep 05

Thanks to all. That's great.

altecsole 16:04 10 Sep 05

I contacted BT for clarification on this and got the following reply:

"Thank you for your e-mailabout BT Broadband.

In response to your email I can confirm that the all barring feature you currently have on your line is an incompatible product, if you wish to order BT Broadband."

So, it seems that you can't use call barring and broadband at the same time - great!

Lokit 08:35 11 Sep 05

I suppose you could ask BT for "Option 3".

Free 01 and 02 calls 24/7 for up to an hour per call , then redial.

My package is :

2mbps broadband , Option 3 , BT Privacy , Caller Display , Line Rental , for about £43 a month.

Call Barring is a bit drastic isn't it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017