Broadband - BT Any Good?? Modem Routher HELP PLZ !

gamesaregood 21:04 30 Jan 03

I would like to know a few things about BT ADSL before taking the leap and going for it.

The first is what problems have other BT users experienced with BT Broadband / ADSL?

The Second is Would You recommend BT Broadband / ADSL if not why not and what would you recommend?

The third is I would like to get a ADSL modem router and would like know if this works with the BT network and if BT let you use it or not?

The fourth is which ADSL do you recommend?

The fifth is Which Modem routers are the best? I am not too fussed about wireless but it would be nice.

Thanks Michael

gamesaregood 21:50 30 Jan 03

Please Help

Timeforabeer 22:18 30 Jan 03

Hi gamesaregood
I have not had any experience of BT BB as I am with Pipex(xtreme) which i find are excellent. I have been with them for 5 months now and have not had any problems at all, connects first time and have an average speed 460 -480kbps.

As for a modem/router..i bought this oneclick here
I know it's a 4 port,but, you don't mention how many pc's you want to connect.

gamesaregood 23:00 30 Jan 03

Thank you for the response

What kind of download rates do you get with pipex and how much does it cost monthly?

As for the Modem/Router i currently have a 5 port 10mb hub so 4 ports is fine. As I only normally have 3 computers connected to it. Does your Modem/Router have a firewall built in?

Also have you had any experience of programs not working with your modem/router as its not a direct modem connection?

Thanks a lot Michael

Pilch.... 23:03 30 Jan 03

DSL 504 router is one that i use, alll software is compatable, easy to set up.

I use Zen, more pricey at £29.99, but gives you a static IP which is great if you want to do your own web hosting for personal sites and game server.

Pilch.... 23:04 30 Jan 03

DSL 504 router is one that i use, alll software is compatable, easy to set up.

I use Zen, more pricey at £29.99, but gives you a static IP which is great if you want to do your own web hosting for personal sites and game server.

Lionheart™ 23:10 30 Jan 03

I have have ADSL from BT, not had any problems so far (Touch Wood).

They do get a lot of bad press, but I cannot complain as everything went like clock work from ordering to activation.

jazzypop 23:54 30 Jan 03

click here and have a good look through their forums

paddy75 12:15 31 Jan 03

I to have BT Broadband everthing was first class.I have had no problems and am quiet happy with their service. Paddy (:-)

Troop Leader 13:02 31 Jan 03

May be few problems with BT (Forums show lots but only because they have more subscribers etc). For cheapest monthly connections and set up at the moment click on the banner at click here select the connection option and starter pack you want and away you go. Plus Net are constantly among the top five fastest connection speed tests with ADSL Guide, and best after service ratings.

(PS if you sign up via the attached link, Plus Net make a small donation to my Scout Troop!!)

All the best for your future fast lane experience
TL

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…