Broadband being used - phone will not work

compumac 08:39 02 Sep 09

My daughter finds that when she is using the broadband connection the phone will not work. I am sure that this topic has come up on the forum but at this time I am unable to locate it. Any suggestions as to what to look for?

compumac 09:00 02 Sep 09

Marg7
All filters in place. Have also changed them.

interzone55 09:23 02 Sep 09

It's most likely an overlooked filter.

Have you checked every phone in the house?

I know it's an absolute pain checking this out, I have a similar problem regularly with my sister.

First unplug all the phones, then replace the micro-filter and phone in the main socket where the phone line enters the house. Check this works.

The follow the extensions around the house, checking the phones work.

You'll probably find one of the filters has been damaged...

anniesboy 09:31 02 Sep 09

Dont forget filters on Sky box and alarms

Muergo 13:25 02 Sep 09

I have exactly same problem, I cannot use Skybox connection, have left it unplugged!!
I might try connecting it back to main inlet, but it stops phone when plugged into same outlet with either one or two separate filters.
I will watch this thread to see if anyone has a solution.

compumac 15:41 02 Sep 09

alan14
Oddly enough, just before I read your reply I had phoned my daughter to advise her to do just that. I am also taking afurther 5 filters with me tomorrow. I recollect that when I first had broadband I had problems and it was due to the two filters supplied by BT that were faulty and using cheapo filters - it worked.

anchor 16:03 02 Sep 09

After some filter problems early this year I did some research as to which were the best.

This was rated highly:

ADSL Nation XF-1e Microfilter:

click here

Stuartli 18:25 02 Sep 09

This is also regarded as a good product and very reasonably priced:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…