Broadband AOL v Talk Talk who wins?

beebender 20:04 05 Dec 07

I have been with AOL for 7 years paying £21.99 per month for AOL Gold. (More about this later).

I was recently contacted by my telephone provider Talk Talk to say they could give me free tel calls and Broadband for £20-49 per month as they now own AOL.

Upon trying to contact to cancel my contract AOL said we can give you 3 months free internet connection and thereafter £9.99 per month.

I provisionally accepted this and heard nothing until I phoned them and was told it's actually £9.99 per month for 6 months and thereafter £14.99 per month with a guaranteed speed of 2GB.

Today, my AOL connections have failed completely and a speed test reveals .83GB, phoning AOL has answered "trust us for 10 days we are sorting this problem out".

I live in rural Suffolk and 90 miles away my mates get 8GB - don't crack the joke about moving - what should I do?

Dipso 20:24 05 Dec 07

I suspect that you have committed yourself to a new contract with AOL after accepting their "generous" offer, if that is the case there may be nothing you can do except wait and see if things improve.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017