Broadband advise

applecroc 23:00 12 Apr 05

I wonder if anyone can help me with something. Thinking of getting Broadband but can't decide on who to go with. Tiscali is offering 30gb limit where as Wannadoo is 2gb for the same price. Could anyone explain how long roughly this amount is in real usage time. We are a family who are on the internet 24/7 at the moment, as we all use it and wouldn't want to commit to a package where we were limited to say just 8 hours a day. I have looked up the relevant sites but can't seem to get what the usage is in hours only in gb!Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

woodchip 23:06 12 Apr 05

This is what I have just taken out but you have to stay 12 months click here

gudgulf 23:23 12 Apr 05

I'm not entering the debate re which provider to go with but if you have a family wanting to use the net 24/7 then you need to go for the largest cap available.30Gb should be plenty but you might be better looking for an uncapped service....Zen springs to mind here.Depending on the age of your kids then AOL (I use this) is also worth considering.You will no doubt get strong opinions on which is best----or worst.I say just avoid the lower caps that some ISP's use and you should be OK.

GroupFC 23:30 12 Apr 05

I have recently signed up with pipex on their solo1000 package not the cheapest going at £23.44 per month but it has no cap. So far the service has been excellent (after some initial set-up problems!). click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…