Broadband ????

postie 21:53 14 Jan 03
  postie 21:53 14 Jan 03

Ihave a Pentium 166mhz would Ibe able to use Broadband
128 mem
postie

PSF 22:15 14 Jan 03

Minimum Specifications
Operating System - Windows 98, 2000 Professional Edition, ME, XP Home Edition, XP Professional

Processor Speed - Pentium 166MHz (or equivalent)

Memory (RAM) - 64MB

Hard Drive Space - 60MB

PC Hardware - CD-ROM Drive, Sound & Graphics Card, USB port (recommended) - if not present Network Interface Card (Ethernet Card)

click here and you can check your pc on the NTL Broardband site.

postie 22:48 14 Jan 03

PSF thank you for that very helpful info postie

PSF 23:02 14 Jan 03

If you you go for Broadband it would be an idea to get an network card rather than USB. You did not say what OS you are using, If it is Win 95 it is not supported for usb and NTL.

You can get them for approx £10. In general the network cards run better than USB.

On the site NTL recommends USB as shown above but if you talk to the NTL support they recommend Network cards, as it causes less problems with drivers.

Do a search on this forum to see what other people say.

Legolas 23:53 14 Jan 03

If you go ahead and get broadband I would definately advise you to connect through a network card rather than USB I had an NTL broadband connection using USB but changed to a NIC connection as my USB scanner would not work with my USB modem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…